Command And Conquer : Red Dawn Mod

Just thought I would get this thread up now. With Alviss working on other things right now, C&C had been mostly put on hold, if not, completely.

However, this Second Variant of C&C is already in development by me. I have ported most of the interfaces into the new mod and with some modification / renaming, will be at the same stage as C&C TC.

So, lets list some details here:

C&C Red Dawn:
Allies v. Soviets

The Buildings:

Buildings in Green are fully functional and complete
Buildings in Yellow are mostly complete with changes needed
Buildings in Red have yet to be started

Allies:
-Power Plant
-Barracks
-Ore Refinery
-Pillbox
-Gun Turret
-War Factory
-Naval Yard?
-Radar Dome
-Airstrip
-Tech Center
-Gap Generator

-Chronosphere
-Proton Collider

Soviets:
-Power Plant
-Barracks
-Ore Refinery

-Flame Tower
-Tesla Coil
-War Factory

-Naval Yard?
-Radar Dome
-Air Field
-Tech Lab
-Repair Pad

-Iron Curtain
-Nuclear Silo

More Info will come later. For now, the buildings are of top priority in this mod

Comments

• The first few server runs went as scheduled today and it worked out really nicely. All Superweapons are properly functioning as are all other buildings already implemented.
  • hoooray!
  • I love how he thinks this mod will actually go somewhere.
  • So I assume this mod is dead? :)
  • I love how when I keep certain mods private, you think they are dead...

No, this mod is far from dead. Our clan has matches every friday and I host this whenever I feel the need to do so.
  • CLANS LMAO

And viral bands. INteresting, since I'm fairly sure I can get rid of that just by removing my other accounts creds to a different location. Such as a USB drive.
  • You can't avoid a viral ban that easily... assuming it was coded by someone with a brain. ;)
  • One can hope. :P
  • assuming it was coded by someone with a brain. ;)

correction
    assuming it was coded by someone with a brain, and then ported acurately into the mod. ;)
  • You can't avoid a viral ban that easily... assuming it was coded by someone with a brain. ;)

Yep, My system scans multiple aspects including name, GUID, and multiple aspects of ones IP Address.
  • Yep, My system scans multiple aspects including name, GUID, and multiple aspects of ones IP Address.

You can inspect multiple aspects of an IP adress?
  • Yep, My system scans multiple aspects including name, GUID, and multiple aspects of ones IP Address.
    No idea what you said.

But I hope you know that you still can't avoid an IP ban with a static IP.
  • You can inspect multiple aspects of an IP adress?

A proper training of network addressing would allow you to filter off by Subnetworks, ports, and parts of an IP address, by using scripts that get the numbers between the .'s and then checking it to a list of IPs that are on a certain list, Name banning is quite simple if you have a good plnametocid function (which most mods have). And GUID banning is easy and efficient, if you know how to use it.

And Mezalyth, You obviously know nothing about networking, if you have never entered a router configuration yourself. Just a little something off of the cisco networking academy. This is also on wikipedia.

"Static IP addresses are manually assigned to a computer by an administrator."

See that word Manual, yeah, that means you can change it.

Dynamic IP changes automatically over a period of time by using a NAT pool.