AFK Voters

OK, I know that Someone already made a Thread like this, but it should be done.

Alot of people go AFK, for long amounts of time, and usally nothing gets a Pass Vote. The idea is to make a Script for RC3 when it comes out, that whoever is Non-Active for about 10 Minutes, it cancels there vote.

Example: Deadwrong and Bear are in a Server. Deadwrong is AFK again, its been 10 minutes and the Script has Booted him from Voting. Bear has decided to load something, and the Voting for Dead has been Canceled. Leaving a Passed Vote.

For some things, I see that this would be a Handy thing for people who want to work on older Projects, instead of Starting a new building from Scratch.

Please see that this idea somehow works its way into RC3.
Thanks.

Comments

• I believe it would be easier and better to make it so that non-voters do not count. Can either of hese be done? And yes... Non-voters are THAT much of a problem.
  • Just make a script that auto-kicks Deadwrong after 10 minutes of inactivity.
  • I believe it would be easier and better to make it so that non-voters do not count. Can either of hese be done? And yes... Non-voters are THAT much of a problem.

I have always thought this was the ultimate solution.
  • I have always thought this was the ultimate solution.

And I have it implemented in my nighthawk cons. mod :)

Just letting you know now, it's a good deal of changes

Changes are made in defaultGame.cs

For each code block of voting, replace the totalVotes variable and the if statement with the following:
    %totalVotes = %game.totalVotesFor + %game.totalVotesAgainst;  
    if(%totalVotes > 0 && (%game.totalVotesFor / (%totalVotes)) > ($Host::VotePasspercent / 100)) {

Enjoy!
  • Yes!, I always hated when my vote's didn't get pasted because of that.
  • Well, is there anything stopping Krash from implementing that (Besides the obvious)? I might sound impatient but this is a problem that needs solving. For hours on end today there was only a few people, over half of them AFK, including the admin.
  • Well, it should be done so People can actully build instead of just standing around taking up space in the Server...
  • I agree, this problem has been prevelent for quite some time now. I always hated when there were afk people and I couldn't load anything.
  • Yes, so something should be done!
  • Ok, so yesterday I was playin Tribes with a Few People, and the Server was full, with 7 People AFK.
    Its amazing how much we would need this.
  • rysterf ... why haven't i seen you on BC?
  • Because we ran out of Rice. We use Sauce now.
  • rysterf ... why haven't i seen you on BC?
    Because I don't play T2 anymore and I like to stick to TX.