Turret´s

Hey All! i did just downloaded ACCM v 1.1 and then ppl com just for no reason i put in /turret then it say Turret activate or some thing the the turret´s where on nex timme i start the server then i put in /turret and nothing happen so i cant turn on the turret´s so what are im doing wrong it do not say in help meny... Can some one plz tell me what i have to do for it to work. (hope you understand this :D )

Comments

• It was hard to understand, but I think I do... :D

You restarted the server right? Make sure you deleted all your DSOs (except for the ones in Do_not_delete) and that you clicked on the right shortcut. But, it's probably you didn't delete the DSOs.
  • Oh, and welcome to the forums.
  • DSOs... im not good att name or stuff so where are those DSOs :rolleyes: :confused:
  • DSOs (or files with the extension of .cs.dso, for example, client.cs.dso) are semi-compiled scripts generated by the engine. However, when you exit out of the server, they aren't cleaned up. If you leave DSOs lying around in your base and mod folder, they'll cause the mod to not run correctly.

There should be batch files that already clean up DSOs. A useful one is called "JTLcleandso.bat" or something similar. If you can't find it (it should be in your ACCM folder, default "Construction"), I'll post it.
  • ok you are just amazing! thx you so much but i rely need one of those clenDSO thing why dont the people on the page uplad one? (i havent find it here so i dont think they have one...) but it shuld be realy good! and do you know where to get one rely god (check my tribe 2 map for DSOs files i have 1 copy of almost all files! :eek: )
  • Here are the batch files. You can use any one of those DSO removers, however, I prefer Constructs-DSO-Remover 2.1. Just run the batch files and make sure all the DSOs (except for the ones in do_not_delete) are deleted!
  • Also, this is a little off topic, but it is a reminder.

Remember, /Zturrets to enable/disable the ability for turrets to shoot zombies or other players...
  • Also, this is a little off topic, but it is a reminder.
    Are you going to moderate yourself? Delete your own posts... etc?
  • Mines a little off topic >_> but if you use /makezombie or /makezlord command on somebody within firing range of a turret, you must enable team damage to take that person out.
  • DSOs (or files with the extension of .cs.dso, for example, client.cs.dso) are semi-compiled scripts generated by the engine.

What is semi-compiled about them?

DSOs... Dynamix Script Objects are executable files for the T2/Torque script virtual machine. They are fully compiled.

All scripts that have been verified as syntactically valid are compiled into DSOs. Since the compilation process can take a non-negligible fraction of a second to perform, the compiled objects are cached for performance reasons. The compiling process can add up to half a minute to the loading time of a server, depending on the number of scripts, and the CPU speed of the server.

The mechanism that the game uses to determine if it should replace the cached copy of a DSO is not very robust, especially when switching between mods (including base). In these cases, the game might incorrectly load a cached DSO instead of compiling a new one.

As a result of this behavior, it is prudent to remove all DSO files that can be regenerated when switching between mods. Some mods contain closed source components, distributed only as DSO files. These special DSO files are typically marked read-only on the file system, thus are skipped by the automated DSO removal batch files.
  • only because i dont wont to spam in the forum i put my 2. question here...
    i look in the media there i found som nice sounds i downloded + the new map but... it dident work and the ACCMFlarland.mis do not work... or is the name in the game Flatland? well i put the files (music filles) in base/music but whhen i start a map. 1 it can bu normal sound in it or it just silent... i dident get so good manual in there...
  • No offense, but can you please type properly? I can hardly understand your post.

Also, there is no "ACCMFlatland.mis" if there is, then delete it.
    Second, when you extract the music files to Gamedata/base/music you have to play on the updated ACCM maps and turn the music volume up. It can ONLY be heard in T2 from the updated maps in the map pack. (Or if you add them to your own maps)
  • ok i try to write better. i have the nwe maps. i play on the nwe maps. butt it is no sound and i have it on max! i have them in base/music folder. the ACCMFlatland.mis i get from http://www.freewebs.com/advancedccm/media.htm in the new update maps.
  • What is semi-compiled about them?
    It was an odd recall from a very old post on a very old forum back when coding was still kinda new. I dunno why I referred to it as such. Guess its just... how I work...
  • You work terribly lol.
  • Dats Mah Avatar!
  • Nuh-uh! It doesn't blink...
  • Its text!!! Why would it need to blinx? And an avart represents joo! If mah avatar dont blink...am i ment to not?
  • blinx
    What does BlinX^ have to do with anything?
  • What? I wuz talkingz lolcat languege....blinks=blinx
  • You're very bad at it.
  • lolcatz languege meenz incorect speling
  • I meant you're bad at "lolcatz" language.
  • You're just bad at it, so stop it, now.
  • Ok...ill use this dictionary from now on ok Eolk?
    *searches up Eolk* omg, theres no definition!
  • Omg! What a surprise!