:D EvE Chat :D

123457»

Comments

• In my opinion, there is no best race in EVE, each race is good for something else. Whether it be the close range ass raping of the Gallente, the ranged combat of the Amarr, Caldari's ability to choose what damage type they want to deal, or the riding a shopping cart down a flight of stairs with an Uzi feeling of the Minmatar.
  • But you avodid my point of missiles always hit lasers on the other hand not so much we can agree that minmatar are only good as bait like in the classic WTF structure tank?
    Gallente spam thre shit outta drones which is so fucking irreating unless smart bombs. But over all Caldari always hits its target
  • But you avodid my point of missiles always hit lasers on the other hand not so much

Read this:
    Jebus was in a cruiser using medium lasers... Medium turrets of any kind CAN NOT HIT SMALL FAST MOVING TARGETS, medium weapons are used for hitting MEDIUM SIZED SHIPS; like a CRUISER or a BATTLECRUISER. Once more you have no clue what a certain type of weapon does. Maybe you should learn something about PVP in EVE before you claim one race is better than another.

It's not lasers, it's ALL TURRETS IN GENERAL. If you have a small fast moving frigate, anything larger than a small turret is going to have a horrible time hitting that frigate... Is that really too hard to understand?

This is why an interceptor that fires missiles is better than one that uses turrets, because since an interceptor moves so fast, the turrets can't hit it's target. This is called the turret's tracking speed.
  • umm *cough* kinda
  • umm *cough* kinda

Kinda what?..
  • Kinda funny that ive seen 15 diff people log on the fourms and they havnt posted anything
  • Because they either don't play EVE, they either don't care, or they know I'm right and don't feel like arguing with an idiot like you.
  • The only Caldari ship I would ever consider using for PVP is the Crow.

Fixed.
    Why?
    Shield tanking works best with smaller ships. You can activate your booster once, and rep all the damage then deactivate it, and you don't require long, cap intensive boosts. As apposed to armour tanking which takes longer, slows you down, and in the end, uses more cap, as it requires sustained operation.

Missiles are also best for Ints, as they do the same amount of damage regardless of your velocity. Turrets have to track a target, while you're zipping around at 2km/s, it makes it quite a feat. A missile launcher will hit the same dmg if you're going 10m/s or 2km/s.
    Missiles deal damage very slowly, and they deal less damage to smaller targets.

Only use missiles on targets the same size as the missiles

- Light > Frigates
    - Assaults > Frigates (OWNAGE, best weapon against frigs, especially if they're Precision type)
    - Heavies > Cruisers/BCs
    - Heavy Assaults > Cruisers/BCs (should be fit whever possible, and whenever range from your target isn't necessary, these things will bend anything within their rating over a table, but your powergrid and CPU will pay for it)
    - Cruises > Cruiser/BC/BS (not a lot to say... does some nice dmg when fighting BC and lower [other than a frig])
    -Torpedoes > BC/BS All around the best weapon against anything it can hit. But sadly, thats not a lot, and at long ranges, things tend to be able to just warp away from them... lol
    That being said, at a close range battle (and heavy blasters not present), a torp Raven is prolly the biggest dmg giver you will see
    Gallente ships, however, have blasters and drones, and when used with a tackler, you wont escape easily if at all.

Gallente ships are the best pirate ships.
    They all have a decent amount of armour tanking, and a good amount of meds on all their ships, so, not only can you fit your dmg mods and tank mods, but you can also throw a MWD/AB and a Jammer.

Which means, you don't need a dedicated tackler.

They're also the best DPS givers, because their weapons of choice, Hybrids, do the average dmg type, which is Therm and Kinetic, which is also the least buffered resistance type.

That means, that they do a decent amount of dmg to Armour and Shields, unlike lasers which do mostly EM, which already has a 50% buffer on armour.

(i said "which" a fuckton of times)
    Minmatar, like Amarr, have range and deal decent damage.

Thats not entirely accurate. Minmatar accell at close range, so they can just outrun whatever dmg comes their way, and can pepper you will Volkswagen sized bullets.

They can do long range, with artillery, but most people do not, as it has the downsides of missiles, only intensified.
  • no they havnt posted on the fourms at all and so what if your right Elec was right all the times and every one else ive ever argued with but that didnt stop me cause i knew they have all been in my place at once and at my level and most of em admit it.
  • In my opinion, there is no best race in EVE, each race is good for something else. Whether it be the close range ass raping of the Gallente, the ranged combat of the Amarr, Caldari's ability to choose what damage type they want to deal, or the riding a shopping cart down a flight of stairs with an Uzi feeling of the Minmatar.

Agreed.

Although, Caldari excell in group/skirmish warefare, so everyone can concentrate on their role, and no redundant overlapping appears...

(hence why we win FW)

that being said, if you have 6 Thorax's with full dmg mods on, against the same targets, they'll rape everything, but will defiantly loose ships.
  • Wow how long did it take u to pst dat?
    and i think nukem just got owned?

He didnt get owned. I was just stating my experiences.
  • Shield tanking works best with smaller ships. You can activate your booster once, and rep all the damage then deactivate it, and you don't require long, cap intensive boosts. As apposed to armour tanking which takes longer, slows you down, and in the end, uses more cap, as it requires sustained operation.

Usually more damage is done than is repaired, so just keeping your repper on is better than having to turn it on and off every second.
    Missiles are also best for Ints, as they do the same amount of damage regardless of your velocity. Turrets have to track a target, while you're zipping around at 2km/s, it makes it quite a feat. A missile launcher will hit the same dmg if you're going 10m/s or 2km/s.

Already said that.
    Gallente ships are the best pirate ships.
    They all have a decent amount of armour tanking, and a good amount of meds on all their ships, so, not only can you fit your dmg mods and tank mods, but you can also throw a MWD/AB and a Jammer.

Yep.
    Which means, you don't need a dedicated tackler.

Actually I meant that as in the ship having tackling gear.
    They're also the best DPS givers, because their weapons of choice, Hybrids, do the average dmg type, which is Therm and Kinetic, which is also the least buffered resistance type.

I said that too.
    That means, that they do a decent amount of dmg to Armour and Shields, unlike lasers which do mostly EM, which already has a 50% buffer on armour.

Most people use Kinetic resists since it's the most common damage type.
    Thats not entirely accurate. Minmatar accell at close range, so they can just outrun whatever dmg comes their way, and can pepper you will Volkswagen sized bullets.

They can do long range, with artillery, but most people do not, as it has the downsides of missiles, only intensified.

I was talking about artillery. Not even sure why you said anything at all at that part.

We agree on 90% of what I said. So shut up.
  • This thread is getting old... The point is, each race is better for something else, there is no best race in EVE. I'm tired of arguing over the fact Duck doesn't know what turrets are, thread closed.
This discussion has been closed.