Construction Mod for Unreal?

Comments

• Oh, about that.

How does UE3 treats lighting?, would light only go through a window for example?

(oh, and I just figured I typed "manking".. my bad!)
  • From what I've seen, lighting is pretty dynamic (except for main mission lighting).
  • Dynamic Shadows in constructions..

Now THAT's something I want to see.
  • Dynamic Shadows in constructions..

Now THAT's something I want to see.
    Yes.
  • Outstanding! Im greatly anticipating this! :)

If this goes into UDK, the possibilities are endless! (short of engine mods)
  • Outstanding! Im greatly anticipating this! :)

If this goes into UDK, the possibilities are endless! (short of engine mods)

Doesn't UDK come with source code?
  • Merging may not be needed for piece conservation, but rather an aesthetic effect?
    Merging would still help keep performance from dropping
  • I am seriously excited about this. not only does this recreate the wonderful construction aspect that Tribes gave birth to, it expands it; What wonderful things can be done in the UE3 that cannot be done in T2?

Is it possible to use the merge tool to 'group up' objects and make many different shapes in different positions all count as one object? That would ensure that previously unreachable scales of creation could be reached!

Would the new sport to play be Lightball?

BIG EXPLOSIONS!!!

Shall massive ship to ship combat be an everyday thing?

Shall the newblood houses be pentagons, not boxes?

BIG EXPLOSIONS!!!

Shall the peaceful summer building only pave the way for the first clan wars? Will the Pirates fly again?

* FURB flies of into RP land.

Man, if you showed this to the world in all it's glory you couldn't count the amount of people that will hijack it as soon as they see it and make it the new G-mod.

Follow your vision as far as you can, then look up famous quotes when you need encouragement.

(If you give up I'll come after ya :D )
  • Doesn't UDK come with source code?

It doesnt, it's a little like the TGE (if you dont know how to compile source code) it comes with (Editors/Example/[I think model converters]) it's hugely modable, like T2 itself.
    Is it possible to use the merge tool to 'group up' objects and make many different shapes in different positions all count as one object? That would ensure that previously unreachable scales of creation could be reached!

Would the new sport to play be Lightball?

BIG EXPLOSIONS!!!

Shall massive ship to ship combat be an everyday thing?

Shall the newblood houses be pentagons, not boxes?

BIG EXPLOSIONS!!!

Shall the peaceful summer building only pave the way for the first clan wars? Will the Pirates fly again?

Came.
  • Shall we save?
  • Is it possible to use the merge tool to 'group up' objects and make many different shapes in different positions all count as one object?

There might be a way. I know the map editor uses brushes to create one big-ass object that's considered the map.
  • Oh, about that.
    How does UE3 treats lighting?, would light only go through a window for example?

Due to problems with rescaling, dynamic lightning does not map correctly on objects. Additionally due to the large number of objects in a scene it's becomes extremely detrimental on performance, so I've purposely limited lighting to the basics.

Here's some screenies of the lighting system in its current state however. It's nothing special but does seem to add the atmosphere somewhat. Also the lights appear to blend into each other which is a nice effect. That's not to say there ain't any glitches, but we'll just ignore that for now ;)

Lights1.jpg
    Lights2.jpg
  • Can you try making a very dark corridor with a few lights?
  • Oh...oh god...I can picture it....a new racetrack: Rainbow Road from Mario Kart.
  • Oh!, that reminds me.

Can you make racetracks with your UE3 pieces?, can you race vehicles without them interacting weirdly with the pieces??
  • Oh!, that reminds me.

Can you make racetracks with your UE3 pieces?, can you race vehicles without them interacting weirdly with the pieces??

I'm glad you asked me this, because it forced me to test it. The results? The vehicles went crazy! Falling through surfaces, glitching, and generally messing up, big time!

After much rage and frustration trying to fix the code for a week or so, I finally managed it. Vehicles now respond properly to the stuff you build. I could not be any happier right now!

Here's a video of it working, just to kill some time.

• you rock
  • roaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad raaaaaaaaaaaaaaageeeeeeeeeee

I'm loving this, I just hope you manage to make a standalone version of it somehow >.<!!!!

Stand-Alone ConMod, that could really put you and this comunity on the map!
    We'd finally stand a chance against legos..
  • 1. Dynamic structures. I can imagine you can toggle physics on most of those pieces for realistic basewars.
    2. Bots anyone? Perhaps the AI is dynamic enough to navigate these structures.
    3. Insane zombie action! Zombies will be so much more awesome on UE3 than TGE.

;)

Hopefully he allows it to be mod-able so Dond and / or myself can do something like this. :nag:
  • hmmm con on a game that isn't tribes 2 really good idea plus with the fact of the improved graphics of that game (not tribes) is opening a plethora of new oppertunities and shit. and i just basic said everything that people already said didn't I. I have one question. Where do you find this game I've never heard of it. *braces self for verbal onslaut*
  • If I were to verbally attack you I would be onto you about punctuation and spelling... But I'm a nice guy, unlike that jerk Eohk. :p

But according to my knowledge it is either not hosted publicly yet (Due to work being done on it) or hosted on UT3.

Just one question, can you save your work? Is this even possible?
  • this is the forums we need not concern ourselfs with how we use the english language. But you have a point. There is no purpose to build something epic if you lose it once your done.
  • Besides the sense of accomplishment... But then look at all the effort!

BTW loving the rotation system!
  • wouldn't the sense of accomplishment be better if you could say to a friend "haha look what i built bitch you can't hope to build something this great!" then he does
  • Where do you find this game I've never heard of it. *braces self for verbal onslaut*

You're a fucking retarded idiot... How the hell can you not know what UNREAL IS?! Jesus Christ... You moronic imbecile, thou shalt be burned in thy fires of hell. :mad: :mad: :mad: ;)

In all seriousness though... :p If you really don't know what Unreal is... That's pretty sad... Gears of War uses the Unreal engine, as well as a variety of other games.

Here you go.

• I have one question. Where do you find this game I've never heard of it. *braces self for verbal onslaut*
    Today's generation is doomed.
  • as well as a variety of other games.

Well, as you can SEE a shitload of games use UE3, including but not limited to the gears of war saga, the mass effect saga, Borderlands and 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand
  • Well, as you can SEE a shitload of games use UE3, including but not limited to the gears of war saga, the mass effect saga, Borderlands and 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand

...Which is why I said other games used it... What are you trying to prove? :tinfoil:

I never said it was limited to Gears of War, it's just the most commonly known and I figured he would at least know what Gears is.

Don't try trolling me Deflun... Fuck I'm sick of this forum bullshit... Every fucking time I try making something simple for someone else understand, another douche comes in and wants to get technical about every minor fucking detail.