what music do you like?

Comments

• Ah shit I'd totally forgotten about that mate! Sorry been proper busy! I'm away this weekend but I'll see if I can't torrent a good copy of Wavelab and do it for ya in the week :)

If I ain't doing anything it's prolly because I forgot so just gimme a poke if I've gone quiet about it :D
    *pokes*
  • It has a click track, but the problem with my computer is that...well, I either have sound going in, or sound going out...

I can either record directly into the computer without hearing a thing, or listen to the program without any input, so unfortunately, I can't coordinate the times...don't worry though, about the only thing I stretched was in fact the drum track >_<

I just need an actual band going so I don't have to line up my own timing again and again o_O

On a similar note...I've discovered that I have really weird timing, when put into perspective...
    In that case think about getting a decent sound card. Native Instruments and Maudio do pretty good ones for not lots.

Also I don't recommend recording an entire band together on one input. For starters you don't have control over the levels of the individual instruments which makes mixing pretty much impossible. And also drums are a lot louder than vocals...

Professional recordings are done in pieces. First the whole band will play and record a ghost of the track they are recording. Then the drummer will record on his own while listening to the track on headphones. Then bass. Then guitars. then vocals etc etc etc.

And Arklon; sorry I ain't had a chance to do anything recently. I've been too busy partying and trying not to loose my job after turning up 3 days late for a shift after said partying. :(
  • *yawn*

So how did your project go Meza?
  • Screw it, I'm done, just remember the little guitar clip I had and let's be done with it. My computer fried finally. C drive was damaged.

Which means everything was lost. Luckily I can get back my music and I don't mind missing a few pictures, but still...it just left me deflated.

Like when you build this giant glorious monolith of a building and are a few hours into it...you saved once about 25 minutes into the project, but time flew and you forgot, caught up in the building.

Suddenly the server UE's and everything's gone. You feel empty and don't feel like building again. That's a good analogy for my predicament.

Sound bytes are all gone and I don't feel like going through all the uploads and downloads required to get to where my project was. So...yeah. Sorry guys.

EDIT: I'm on an old computer from a surplus...it experienced a college fire and lived. Same year as my last one; 2002 XP...from Westmont IT. It's from "Teltron Computers" so I don't even know how well this is going to go.
  • That sucks dude. Why didn't you just get a new hard drive for your old computer?
  • lol.. meza, making a song never costed me a computer :P, maybe it's just your american luck.
  • No, it's my shared computer >_< I didn't get a new HD because we had the spare I'm using...cheaper to use something you already have. Plus, everything would still be gone.

That's the thing though, a song isn't what made it break...I'm a little ticked. Can't wait for a NON-shared computer.

Oh, and some good news about this one. It crashes less...I might even be able to play Tribes :3
  • You cant play Tribes 2? wow...:(
  • That's bad luck Mez :(

On other news: We just recorded a couple of new songs, named Delerium and Thunder in the Mountains

Delerium is a weird kinda dub / metal / electronica combination and TinM is a nice folky song with an epic guitar solo (thank you, thank you) and some Jazz scat vocals :D

I'll post links as soon as I finish mixing em!
  • Can't wait to hear 'em Spin :)
  • Not managed to get the band tracks mixed yet but here's a couple of tracks I've been writing today! I would've wrote 1 track but I digress :)

www.filefreak.com/pfiles/89849/Trippy%20Breaks.mp3
    http://www.filefreak.com/pfiles/89849/Thingy%201.mp3

See what ya think :D
  • Sick as always Spin; sick as always.

How did you start your band?
  • Erm.. it's a bit of a random one actually. I'm more of a late entry, but the original band was started by a mate from college. He is already pretty big on the minimal techno stage, and owns an indy minimal techno label called Minimal People. He uses Ableton Live and thought it'd be fun to do a colab with his mate on vocals. So they did a minimal remix of Cowgirl by Underworld, which is badass btw, and then got a few more members. Then I was asked to come for a jam and we wrote a couple of choonz then I joined and brought my friend Steve who's an awesome drummer in too!

Current band line-up:
    Nic Marsden - Programming, Synths, Beats, Producer, owns own label
    John Hetherington - Guitars, Lead Vocals, Ambience, Amateur Photographer
    Graeme ? - Guitars, Flute, Harmonica, Sax, Vocals, Scat Vocals
    Tom Fox - Bass Guitar, Home studio :D
    Tom Marsden (Me) - Guitars, Bass, also work in a studio :)
    Harley Dawson - Guitars, Ambience, general weird noises, Dad owns a music store :D:D
    Becky Rhodes - Lead Vocals, Egg shaker!
    Steve Griffiths - Digital drummer

I think I've got everyone there :D

But yeah, generally we're all massive recreational drug users who love music, and so both elements come accross really well in the music we produce!
  • Huh...neat. I need to start a band o_o Badly. I'll have to do some random playing in college to find people who are interested...
  • Do it man! Ask around, there're always bands looking for players or players looking to start bands! Although I gotta say this band is looking to be a lot more sucessful than the last one! A thrash metal band called Ninja Dave :D
  • Omgwtf Signature :)
  • I wanna join band :p

I can play pretty much anything by Iron Maiden on guitar.
  • Erm.. it's a bit of a random one actually. I'm more of a late entry, but the original band was started by a mate from college. He is already pretty big on the minimal techno stage, and owns an indy minimal techno label called Minimal People. He uses Ableton Live and thought it'd be fun to do a colab with his mate on vocals. So they did a minimal remix of Cowgirl by Underworld, which is badass btw, and then got a few more members. Then I was asked to come for a jam and we wrote a couple of choonz then I joined and brought my friend Steve who's an awesome drummer in too!

Current band line-up:
    Nic Marsden - Programming, Synths, Beats, Producer, owns own label
    John Hetherington - Guitars, Lead Vocals, Ambience, Amateur Photographer
    Graeme ? - Guitars, Flute, Harmonica, Sax, Vocals, Scat Vocals
    Tom Fox - Bass Guitar, Home studio :D
    Tom Marsden (Me) - Guitars, Bass, also work in a studio :)
    Harley Dawson - Guitars, Ambience, general weird noises, Dad owns a music store :D:D
    Becky Rhodes - Lead Vocals, Egg shaker!
    Steve Griffiths - Digital drummer

I think I've got everyone there :D

But yeah, generally we're all massive recreational drug users who love music, and so both elements come accross really well in the music we produce!

is it me or just about everyone in your band plays the guitar?
  • Pretty much! Not so much a band as a collaboration!

Demon: as touched on by Deflun, we've pretty much got all the guitarists we need! Can you sequence MIDI?
  • *pokes Spin1441 again*
  • Well.. here's a short riff, it sorta loops, but it still needs a little tweaking, perhaps you could do something out this, that would be awesome.
  • Pretty much! Not so much a band as a collaboration!

Demon: as touched on by Deflun, we've pretty much got all the guitarists we need! Can you sequence MIDI?
    yes.
    :o
    ill upload a snippet of me playing a chuck of Dance of Death by Iron maiden later. ;)

1 question;
    whats in it for me?
    lolz im jking.....:D
  • I've been trying to setup Adobe Master Collection (includes Soundbooth) on this new system...the disc won't read!!

:<

So any Audacity tracks I make might sound...unclean...might be good for some genres, so hopefully I'll make it work.
  • Alice in chains!, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Tool, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, The Who, Cream, Pink Flloyd, Jerry Cantrell, Mad Season, Metallica, David Bowie and the list goes on bitches. The bands i named are the best bands in the world and are way, much, way better than all the crappy bands u guys named. Go listen to Panic at the disco you emo computer nerds =P
  • Alice in chains!, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Tool, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, The Who, Cream, Pink Flloyd, Jerry Cantrell, Mad Season, Metallica, David Bowie and the list goes on bitches. The bands i named are the best bands in the world and are way, much, way better than all the crappy bands u guys named. Go listen to Panic at the disco you emo computer nerds =P

metallicas first 4 albums rule after that the suck st.anger was a HUGE pile of SH** but death magnetic was ok. :simma:
  • The Beatles
    The Killers
    The Airborne Toxic Event
    Muse
    Weezer
    Carolina Liar
    Linkin park
    Modest Mouse
    Jimmy Eat World
    Rooney
    Phantom Planet
    MGMT
    Jet
    30 Seconds to Mars
    Green Day (some)
    some other classic rock.. Pink floyd, paul McCartney, queen, bruce springsteen, others..

If anybody has any bands they would recommend I check out based on what I like here please say so.
  • no one has said this so il say it myself...ROB ZOMBIE
    WHITE ZOMBIE!!!!
  • Hop on the back of my DRAGULAAAAAAA! :D Good post!
  • that music video is wierd.....maby its what someone on pot sees thats why there so scared
    LOLz
  • I like Tool... It makes me trip balls.