Minecraft

Comments

• In the light of new information I take my words back.
    But I still think rysterf is dick. :P
  • Hey, I really don't want drama, we already replanted the forest and rysterf built a court house so why not have a little sunday court?, I mean that's what minecraft is all about right?
    Also, rysterf is on a leash, tied to a fire hydrant outside my house, so don't worry ;)
    oh, I'm also tied to iplop's fire hydrant as well.
  • We're reading the crucible in english class, I fall asleep lol
  • You freaking kidding me?
    Rysterf just wants to put me on trials to show other players that he got "control" and power"
    And how can you possibly know which stuff is mine since half of them are kiborn's
    and you wouldn't do anything with them anyway.
    :)
    Actually, no. This is roleplay. I traded 6 TNT for a bunch of saplings so I could replant our view.
  • Server rules addendum:
    Don't build on/near other people's stuff without permission.
    Within reason.

You can't say everything as far as you can see from your base/town is yours... Especially when its right next to the spawn..

Land grabbing douchebaggery is strictly prohibited.

While I'd rather people decide this between themselves, because of land grabbers the decision is mine.

If I say that someone's build/logging site is a good distance away from someone else's, its diamonds. I generally say 1/2 viewable distance is alright. That's plenty of space.

If you don't want anyone else building near you: Wander out to the middle of nowhere. I can't guarantee that your view won't be polluted right next to a populated area/spawn.

Edit_1:
    Furthermore, you are free to enforce whatever rules you like within your base/town as long as they don't contradict the server's rules. But ..you must clearly mark your territory. Piss on trees or whatever else. I don't care. As long as its easily distinguishable.

Edit_2:
    Mark your forest so that others know not to log there.
    The law on this server is not a respecter of persons.
  • Well, here's my official statement and hopefully and end to the drama

I don't mean to claim it as in you can't build around my freaking town, it's just the forest and the view that I care about, see what I like the most about this game is it's draw distance and the landscapes it creates, I just want the view to stay the way it is or to improve, and I intend to make that with all the land around my town, not just claim it like a douchebag and push everyone off my hill.

Also, please understand that I started the temple right next to the spawn because the server had just started and I thought it was going to be.. well.. smaller than it is, I never really though I was going to end up building a town next to it, but it is there and it has been there since the beggining so why not give it a little respect?
  • I just noticed Numb's quote and fell off my bed laughing.
  • you were on your bed O.o?
  • How does you transfer cash through monitor so that can has premium account?

Oh and... I've made a couple new skins. Search "fast_fire" @ http://skins.tkte.ch/
  • Hmmmmm... Is it okay if I become the land's witch hunter?
  • Sure. I'm already Captain Irunatzombiesnadlivewhileyoualldie. So why can't you be a witch hunter?
  • I should take some pictures of my home.
  • I should take some pictures of my home.
    Yes! :D

btw:
    Hosted this on my main PC for a bit this afternoon.
    jwRqB.jpg

People are working on map gens that draw info from Height maps!
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=41841
  • /me is the master of DTED datasets!!
    I just finished rendering this :D
    Norway:
    e8d91d7610a33065cc831909aec551ef6g.jpg
    Full res 6724x8367:
    http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=dedf25drxsyaw2m
    (select 'Download file' to get the full res version) 7mb PNG

I also have a 160MB TIF :)

That's the only height map of its kind and of Norway for free on the internet! :D
    (highest res too)
  • still waiting on that isometric screenshot of the server!
  • still waiting on that isometric screenshot of the server!
    Not going to happen. :p
    First, I don't think I have enough memory/processing power to do an iso shot of the entire worldmap. Second, that program uses python.

I'm too lazy to get python working on my windows machine and the server probably doesn't have a beefy enough CPU.
  • BASTARDS!, I went into the bar, I saw the dance lights working for the first time and I liked them a lot, but I turned around only to see a creeper wanting to dance with me, next thing I know I'm swimming D:
  • Rofl. Iplop, delete me. <3
  • BASTARDS!, I went into the bar, I saw the dance lights working for the first time and I liked them a lot, but I turned around only to see a creeper wanting to dance with me, next thing I know I'm swimming D:
    fixed :p

Also:
    Humans' bar now has pole dancing!
  • Delete plox.
    k = /

o0o
    New map: Sweden
    Preview:
    q6Spm.png

Full Size:
    http://www.mediafire.com/i/?gcnblly9os4r6sn
    (click download file)
    24.85MB PNG 12500x25000
    Scale: 88.72m per pixel

Creating a 1:1 scale map of Sweden isn't possible with this method at the moment.
    The reference PNG would have to be 346,747.771MB using the same compression level.
    That's: 2,218,114.6x1,109,057.3 pixels :eek:

= /
  • k = /

o0o
    New map: Sweden
    Preview:
    q6Spm.png

Full Size:
    http://www.mediafire.com/i/?gcnblly9os4r6sn
    (click download file)
    24.85MB PNG 12500x25000
    Scale: 88.72m per pixel

Creating a 1:1 scale map of Sweden isn't possible with this method at the moment.
    The reference PNG would have to be 346,747.771MB using the same compression level.
    That's: 2,218,114.6x1,109,057.3 pixels :eek:

= /
    Get cracking
  • Get cracking

Spare some DDR3 RAM for the poor? Maybe a few 1TB HDDs? D:

Side note:
    My bad for closing the server earlier.. Twice.. >.>
    Derp.
    I typed on the wrong keyboard.
  • You reset the map? Minecraft is offline right now.
  • You reset the map? Minecraft is offline right now.
    ???
    Really? I haven't been on the server for awhile.
    -and no, I didn't reset the map.

Minecraft.net is down.

Btw:
    The map I posted above is crap.
    Here's a much better one I made a few minutes later:
    2EOGv.png
    http://www.mediafire.com/?lfzienkyk3nzb02

Elevation gradient is on a percentile scale. (based on min/max elevation)
    0%=black
    100%=white
  • :[ my bar..
  • :[ my bar..
    The map wasn't reset. O.o
    Minecraft.net is down.
    I fixed your bar. The flashy lights too. :p
    It even has a pole to dance on now!
  • Iplop, fix minecraft.net