Tribes ascend.

I am giving my last beta invite key to someone who wants it. just yell on this page. if it gets popular ill have to find a way to make the process random and fair, like making a deck of cards with peoples names, shuffling it and then drawing out the lucky winner if it comes to it.

Comments

• I am giving my last beta invite key to someone who wants it. just yell on this page. if it gets popular ill have to find a way to make the process random and fair, like making a deck of cards with peoples names, shuffling it and then drawing out the lucky winner if it comes to it.

I'd try it if all of my machines weren't running Ubuntu alone. :lol:
  • I can haz? :D
  • I can haz? :D

sure
  • Tribes ascend is getting better it seems, no speed cap and customisable classes, but a weapon unlock system :(
  • You mean worse.
  • You mean worse.
    Well they removed the air cap thats a good thing, customisable classes. only a level unlock system i dislike
  • Call of Duty 12: Tribes Ascend
  • Call of Duty 12: Tribes Ascend
    More like CoD+Halo+jetpacks= CoH WITH JETPACKS!
    but yeah, your right
  • This is an act of yelling.
  • This is an act of trolling.
  • This is an act of trolling.
    This is an act of Deflun
  • This is an act of Deflun

This is Deflun
  • This is Deflun

I am not deflun.
  • I am not deflun.

The cake is a lie.
  • The cake is a lie.

that sounds like something deflun would say
  • Remember good old days when people acted normally? Now everyone are just screwing around. :/
  • that sounds like something deflun would say

this is something deathborn would say
  • Remember good old days when people acted normally? Now everyone are just screwing around. :/

That is something Deflun would also say.
  • This is something that I just said.
  • This is something that I just said.

That is something that Blnukem just said.
    It's because of Zipperdude and Renegardo. They are weirdos.
  • Actually it's because of that eolk guy, they say that he starts this up wherever he goes.
  • what the fecks an Eolk?
  • It's because of Zipperdude and Renegardo. They are weirdos.
    I think it's more me and Deflun
  • I think, its because were in a dream in a dream wrapped in a nice warm tortilla.
  • I've just received a closed beta key, I'm curious to try the game out soon.
  • I think, it's because were in a dream. A dream wrapped in a nice warm tortilla!

This is something Alviss would say - especially when he came back from 'Nam...
  • Ascend is nice, the people who are working on it really did some research of what Tribes was about. It feels much more like Tribes 1/2 than Vengeance did. It even has the same voice binds! And it has Katabatic, too. Sad thing though, is that you need to buy vehicles with credit things.
  • This is a rage poast. Beware!

tl;dr: No, this isn't Tribes. Grinding + forced loadouts + micro-transactions = VERY BAD. It's a terrible insult to Tribes, and goes against everything Tribes was about. DO NOT PLAY unless you're sucker for giving people your money/time for half-assed games.
    Ascend is nice, the people who are working on it really did some research of what Tribes was about.

The gameplay feels like Tribes... That's about it... The loadouts crap is the game breaker for me. Not to mention... You have to grind to even get these loadouts... Bad enough you have to do this shit in every god damn game on the market as it is - and I'm tired of it...

I want to PLAY the god damn game, not spend hours to get a fancy kit or a gun that does the same shit as everything else, but with a different name tag slapped on it...

Whoever thought micro-transactions was a good idea for a FPS - ESPECIALLY TRIBES, is a total douchenozzle. They should just have given it a set price, cloned T2, maybe added some new content and game types, some modding/mapping tools, and it would be perfect.

Loadouts are the key, and they seriously fucked it up. I'm very disappointed. These half-assed unfinished modern games are really pissing me off, everything is about money... They're not even fun anymore...

Personally I feel cheated, and this is more than enough proof that games like Tribes and Quake (yes, I'm dragging Quake into the argument) will be gone forever. The only enjoyable game genre left is RTS, as FPS has gone to shit. And it's only a matter of time until RTS turns into crap as well. See C&C4, Dawn of War II, and SupCom2 for reference.
    It feels much more like Tribes 1/2 than Vengeance did. It even has the same voice binds!

I'll pick Vengeance over this crap, any day. At least you didn't have to mindlessly grind for fuck knows how long to get a set of forced loadouts. Vengeance felt more like Tribes than this does, and this is coming from someone who absolutely hated Vengeance.
    And it has Katabatic, too.

That load of steaming shit people call a map, is NOT Katabatic by any means. I can only assume you're trolling at this point.
  • Whoever thought micro transactions were good for games certainly weren't gamers.