Now accepting admin applicants!

Comments

• O rly? I'm the better candidate over-all through consensus. :p
  • Damn, you've guys have got me beat. I registered in 2004. Then again, i'm the greatest of you all, so, i guess you all were beaten by a relative newbie!
  • Am I "greater" than Nukem, though?
  • To those that have been playing construction a long time. Tell me, before flatland, what T2 map was used as a popular construction map?
  • I don't know. I registered in 2001, but, I didn't start playing construction for a looooong time.

I'd have to take an educated guess and say "Thin Ice".
  • Katabatic, if my memory is as good as it might be.
  • Zaxxman : registered, 1997,
    Taken By Me : 2006
  • Katabatic, if my memory is as good as it might be.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was Katabatic. I remember how people used to build little bases and have MPM wars. None of my missiles ever reached their target because of those damn mountains. :P
  • Zaxxman : registered, 1997,
    Taken By Me : 2006

T2 came out in 2001, So Idk where you registered, but it wasn't on T2.

Source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/data/914210.html

And yes Foo, it was Katabatic
  • Typical Zaxxman behavior, don't worry CMDR, Zaxx is just lost and confused 87% of the day. He was probably thinking of another game he registered for then forgot he was on the-construct forums, and posted anyway. He doesn't know what he's doing.
  • your right, i was looking at starsiege tribes.
    Silly me.
  • Yes... Silly Zaxxman.
  • *blam*
    quit with the idiocy.
  • And yes Foo, it was Katabatic
    Does that make me old?
  • When I learned about Construction, he taught me how to build on Thin Ice, which he said was a good server-side map because it has flat parts, and also hilly parts.
  • nah, ice cream sticks to your tongue, and it doesnt come off
  • When I started playing construction, it was Thin Ice, I honestly never saw a construction server with Katabatic as the map
  • Katabatic was for a good long time the primary mission to play on, though this was before most of you had started playing. From mid-2002 through 2003, the community was pretty large and most construction servers started running clientside maps like flatland and Bohi. It wasn't until everything died back down leading to the release of keys in 2004 that serverside maps started picking back up on the circuit again.

Thin Ice has never been a popular choice for construction.
  • I feel like such a newbie. *_*
  • No you shouldn't. I'll bet I'm older than you Tribes 2-wise. >:D

... Too bad I can't remember my date. I started playing tribes 2 some time in 2001. I registered this account in 2003.

Man, I used to build stuff with Jesus I'm that old.
  • I didn't start building until four years ago.
  • Haha I remember I didnt start till maybe a year ago. And I had no idea what th hell I was doin. But I got a lot o help from the community, so now I suck less :D
  • Believe me, if you get accepted through the 0083b, you get a lot more than just admin on a server. It doesn't take long to fill out, and the benefits last a lifetime. You don't need to apologize, people have been asking for this form to be made public for years.
    The forms back in the day were about twice as long.

I remember back in 2002 I had to write a 27 page thesis on how the urinator was an inappropriate weapon for children, run a gauntlet, and participate in a death match against JackTL.

I wasn't even fully healed enough to begin my admin duties until 8 months after my application got accepted, but I can say The Construct paid for all my medical bills and I am forever thankful.

You guys got it easy.
  • Today's generation ALWAYS has it easy. I can't say it's always a good thing, because, trials build character.

I always thought being admin was more work than it was fun. I used to admin a lot of servers, and, usually, the newbies come to ask you what to do whenever they're confused. Sure, the well-established players would try to help sometimes, but, for some reason, they think the admin's word is best. I hated when three would shout your name at once.
  • Katabatic was for a good long time the primary mission to play on, though this was before most of you had started playing. From mid-2002 through 2003, the community was pretty large and most construction servers started running clientside maps like flatland and Bohi. It wasn't until everything died back down leading to the release of keys in 2004 that serverside maps started picking back up on the circuit again.

Thin Ice has never been a popular choice for construction.

Yeah, I remember back when Xenoc | De Construction was up, Kata almost every day. Good times...
  • Can I be a admin :)
  • could I be a SA
  • Could i be the president?
  • Could I be Eolk?
  • Could I ruin the joke by posting something that wont fit into your inside jokes?