Comments

• um...no. :(

PVP with meh in low sec!
  • lol. (msg too short?)
  • oh hai vazo
  • Look whos back from the void.
  • we have sucessfully ported the spinfusor
  • we have sucessfully ported the spinfusor

you should have no problem porting most of the weapons, excluding the ELF and possibly the shocklance. Those require T2's 'Projectile - Types', which unless you have, that will be a problem to work with.
  • why would we need the Projectile Types? I don't understand what it would be used for and would it be possible to emulate this data?
  • Oh, already I can see this project doing very well. Forget what I said before, you have restored my faith in Tribes: Omega.
  • you should have no problem porting most of the weapons, excluding the ELF and possibly the shocklance. Those require T2's 'Projectile - Types', which unless you have, that will be a problem to work with.
    I don't think TGE/A has the missile projectile type either, but I haven't looked through the source in a while.
    why would we need the Projectile Types? I don't understand what it would be used for and would it be possible to emulate this data?
    The Projectile Types are defined in the engine (C++ code!), and define the very base characteristics of the projectiles (how they work, basic looks of how they are rendered, properties they require/obey, etc).
    You need them in order for the weapons to function as they do in Tribes[1|2], otherwise your elf gun will be a targeting laser vs the energy whip of doom.
  • exactly, they only have 1 type. you need to know how to make the others in C++.
  • ah ok, so it defines what the projectile does basically?
  • exactly. It also makes a great base so you don't end up typing the same crap on each projectile.
  • ok, well ill start a search for someone fluent in C++ then, thanks for your help
  • no problem, uhh, Yeah, I'll go with keen and take back my comment about no progress as well. Just try to find someone who knows how to code the projectile type bases (I don't, so done ask me :) ).
  • wow really? What did I do? I didn't do that much... xD I will post some screenshots in a couple of days, he spinfusors projectile is glowing orange for some reason, so I'll just fix that and I'll post a screenshot
  • Update, new logo :D

tribesomegalogo.png
  • what have you guys got done so far? i could do some models for you, it doesnt seem like you have someone for that. (excluding interior models)
  • Thanks man PM me your email then, I'll send you TGEA straight away, what we have done, well real development hasn't started yet so we have started by just porting a couple of weapons but yeah the Models have also been ported, so if you could take a look at the models and like, add to them, more polygons and such make it more High Def but yeah not much progress has happened but we haven't started yet since most of the team are still getting used to TGEA
  • Damn another double post, anyway we have found out that interiors cannot be ported at all, so, we have about 50 buildings to model, that sounds like fun :D (no not really, but Torque constructor is giving me problems, anyone wants to help make the interiors?) but yeah, we are experimenting... as far as I know shapes can be ported, textures can, some script can, missions cant, interiors cant, some script cant, and well... nothing needs to be said of GUIs so if your good at well GUIing then just pm me if interested
  • oh, don't take this criticism in the wrong way, but for the logo, I think you should stick with Tribes coloring.
  • Well, we have had a team vote, which is why the name of the project went from Omega to rebirth back to omega, and the orange just doesn't fit, also im going somewhere for the next 4 days so I won't be able to work on Omega :( well see you guys soon
  • um...no. :(

PVP with meh in low sec!

Yeah, you should come gate camp with us some time.
  • Might be a while till I can, my corp is at war with Last Refuge (alliance).
  • I could do an msi for the mod..... if possible, I might do an exe with an encrypted password on the site for the testers..... that way, it would be years before it gets hacked. And I could do an msi for the final release, you'll have to handle all the payment stuff at the end if it is a $19.99 game, you'll need a website, and SSL certificates for the payment, then I will have the MSI install option and EXE option, you might also want to construct a linux version and a pc version. Now if it is free, I could do a brinkster web with the download there. Heres a pic of the msi. The blanks would be filled in with Tribes: Omega
    • pix.GIF
  • Put an index page for a website. Just view it. I'm not done. Is the logo working, it should be compressed in it.
  • Nsis > *
  • Nsis > *
    ???? no.

.::Edit 1::.
    If you don't mind, sign me up for the beta. I can PM the website files for you to put up on your Tribes Omega Website. You do have one, do you? If not, go to Brinkster and get a free Buisness account, then I can continually send the web files and Installers. BUT, you cannot link to outside website installations.

.::Edit 2::.
    wow really? What did I do? I didn't do that much... xD I will post some screenshots in a couple of days, he spinfusors projectile is glowing orange for some reason, so I'll just fix that and I'll post a screenshot
    You want it to glow something different than cyan that Tribes 2 did, Dynamix and Garage Games could have something against you for copying tribes, do more of a darker glow.