Tribes Omega

Comments

• OMGLALALAAAANEEDSARELEASEVIDEO!

Actually im looking forward to it .
  • Thanks man,
  • OK, the inventory is 20% done, once finished and compiled, you will finally get to play Omega. The only things that will be present in the demo will be:

Gametype: D.Deathmacth
    Armors: Scout
    Skins: Starwolf (possibly bloodeagle)
    Maps: Snow and Desert
    Weapons: OmegaCannon, Spinfusor, Chaingun (possibly fusion mortar)
    GUI: Health and Energy bars working, textbox working (possibly Timer and Compass)

and thanks again to those who contributed

It took you guys THIS LONG to come up with just this? On starter.fps? ....what? The fact that you "possibly" have weapons working amuses me to no end.

Ok ok I'll say it. IP Freely.
  • ...OmegaCannon...

You lost me there... And here I thought for the longest time you were being serious about making a game...
  • we are, what makes you think im not?
  • Keen, its good progress, now stfu.
    if someone came to your Meltdown server only to insult the mod, how would you react?

games take alot of time to plan, so it does take,
    THIS LONG
    to get stuff done. now.. all we need is more experienced people to help.

good job shin.. this might actually get somewhere :lol:
  • The fact that you "possibly" have weapons working amuses me to no end.

He may mean they have not been completely implemented OR the weapons have not been thoroughly tested.
    if someone came to your Meltdown server only to insult the mod, how would you react?
    I periodically log in, fire a nuke, taunt everyone at how you cant miss with MD2 weapons, then leave.
  • Then I log into Goons with a smurf and run you over with a tank =p

games take alot of time to plan, so it does take, to get stuff done. now.. all we need is more experienced people to help.

good job shin.. this might actually get somewhere :lol:

I'm sorry, you accidentally the time it takes. I'd be more understanding if, say, this was built from scratch. But no, this is built from TGEA, where 75% of what Tribes requires is already built in.

Lets look at this project objectively, shall we?

First post (assumed project start): 08-20-2009, 06:22 PM
    20% completion post: 11-08-2009 05:31 PM

This is easily 2.5 months... to modify starter.fps which comes with every TGEA install. To add weapons and a basic inventory system would take the average programmer a few hours to implement. Even a day, or a week... this would be good progress for a game, assume they have lives and work on this in their free time, I would have expected something like this to be borderline acceptable in one month's time. You could argue artwork and models take a while, but here's the thing: What models/artwork? All of the screenshots show off stock TGEA or worse; Tribes 2 resources. On top of that, if you've modded at ALL for Tribes 2, you'll instantly be able to turn TGEA's supplied basic Projectile class into a Mortar. 5 minutes at most. For this weapon to be "possibly" working is nothing short of abysmal and laughable.

Tribes Omega will never make it, I'm sorry. Unless some major things happen, and you guys move away from using the existing IP (which I'm sure GG and Vivendi will happily sue you for) it's not going to go very far. I'd say take this as a lesson in game development and move on to something more productive.
  • I agree with everything Thyth and Keen are saying, however, you should probably just let them have their fun and avoid this thread.
  • I bow to your superior usage of chicken nuggets. I will therefore observe from an unsafe distance.
  • nah, keen you are right, it should of only taken a week but still, at least its playable
  • Then I log into Goons with a smurf and run you over with a tank =p
    Which then blows up, due to your inexperience.
  • Eehks signature scares me, it keeps changing colors.
  • Which then blows up, due to your inexperience.
    This blowing up kills you more
  • This blowing up kills you more
    Why are you getting involved? Shush.
  • Why are you getting involved? Shush.

Sweet, you quoted me.
  • Tribes Omega, like the internet, is serious business.
  • Tribes Omega, like the internet, is serious business.

True.

And if I was doing this; I would've switched to UE3 as soon as UDK came out for free for Indie devs.
    But then again; I can imagine most TC members' computers do not have a sufficient video card. (At least Nvidia GeForce 8000 series or equivalent I think)
  • I can imagine most TC members' computers do not have a sufficient video card. (At least Nvidia GeForce 8000 series or equivalent I think)

Wrong again, ass face!
    Jk DDX. :D

Edit: Oh.. wait, no, i dont have that either...
  • Wrong again, ass face!
    Jk DDX. :D

Edit: Oh.. wait, no, i dont have that either...

I have an Nvidia GeForce 8400, which just recently malfunctioned.
  • Suck on my 6600. SUCK ON IT! Yeeeah just like that....oh yeah...
  • I had a 6600... once, sold it for $20. :lol:
  • I had a 6600... once, sold it for $20. :lol:

mfg, its quan O_o